Financial Controller (f/m/d)
Germany, Sachsen, Dresden
Are you passionate about tech and space? Do you want to be part of an international team and help shape the future of our planet as well as space? Do you want to elevate the status-quo of the world of satellites?
If you are highly analytical, detail-oriented, and have a love for financial statements - Then we should get to know each other!
Morpheus is disrupting the New Space industry by introducing truly dynamic constellations, a fusion between cutting edge electric propulsion and artificial intelligence. Our technology helps to prevent satellite collisions in space and to reduce the ever-growing space debris which is one of the biggest challenges of the space industry. By providing opportunities to optimize satellite operations, we are working towards a sustainable future in space and on Earth, in line with the core values of the UN.
🌟For this role, you will...
- ... be responsible for controlling spendings, you will for example:
- set-up and manage spending platforms and payment methods
- set-up and enforce expense policies
- partner with procurement on production expense
- work with the various teams to set-up budgets and track performance against budget
- manage accounts payable
- manage payroll
- ... manage accounting, you will for example:
- oversee accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems
- coordinate outsourced accounting services
- manage monthly close process
- ... analyze finances, you will for example:
- gather data for cost allocation decisions for both reporting and managerial decisions
- forecast financial performance and cash spending
- coordinate with holding company finance team for consolidated financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting
✔️ At Morpheus, we offer...
- ... responsible tasks in an international fast-growing space startup with exceptional development opportunities
- ... the opportunity to work with the best minds in the industry on many new and exciting topics
- ... a steep learning curve in diverse digital topics
- ... the opportunity to help build a fast-growing space company
- ... a top equipped workplace in the beautiful city of Dresden
- ... feelgood snacks and drinks that are on us
- ... the best team in the world!
- ... a fun and thorough onboarding process and always an open ear for all concerns
- ... flat hierarchies and the opportunity to develop personally and professionally
- ... the startup mentality: from an innovative mindset to joint team events and weekly happy hours
- ... flexible working hours and competitive compensation
- ... working in a modern office in beautiful Dresden, not far from the Elbe valley and the trendy Neustadt district
🤝 We should get to know each other if you…
- ... have successfully completed a degree in economics / business administration or a comparable degree with a focus on financing / controlling, corporate finance, auditing / accounting
- ... are characterized by negotiation skills, independence, and the ability to work under pressure
- ... have several years of professional experience
- ... are proficient in the use of common MS Office programs and have good knowledge of ERP and BI systems
- … have good knowledge of financial accounting and sales tax law
- ... have a very good knowledge of HGB accounting and IFRS accounting
- ... have business fluent English and German language skills, both written and spoken
- ... have very good time and self management skills
- ... have a responsible and structured way of working as well as assertiveness
- ... are reliable
- ... see confidentiality, professionalism, loyalty and discretion as a matter of course
- ... are open to the new tasks entrusted to you and are committed to achieving results
- ... are preferably interested in technology and space
- ... have the desire to keep on learning, to grow with Morpheus and to question established processes self-critically and to be prepared to improve them.
- ... already have initial experience with US GAAP
- ... have intercultural and international experience
- ... preferably have experience in project management
If we have piqued your interest and you want to come to office in a good mood from now on, we look forward to receiving your application.
Diversity is very important to us. We look forward to a wide range of applicants (f/m/d).
We are looking forward to meeting you!