Director of Hardware Engineering (f/m/d)
Germany, Sachsen, Dresden
Are you passionate about satellites, innovative technology and NewSpace? Do you want to be part of an international team and help shape the future of our planet as well as space? Do you want to evolve our groundbreaking propulsion systems?
You are an outstanding leader with excellent social, communication and conflict management skills, fluently in English and preferable German - Then we should get to know each other!
Morpheus Space is introducing a fully integrated ecosystem for satellite mobility that enables truly dynamic satellite constellations, the future of the New Space economy; a fusion between cutting-edge electric propulsion and artificial intelligence. Its solution package enables satellite service providers to operate entire constellations as one entity by utilizing the world’s most scalable and most efficient space qualified propulsion systems servicing satellites.
🌟For this role, you will...
- ...lead, manage and grow innovative multi-functional engineering teams
- ...drive the vision, research, and development
- ...plan and drive overall engineering program from proof of concept to commercial product
- ...define overall system requirements and manage execution of all phases of engineering
- ...work with leadership across the organization to remove blockers, improve the overall development process
- ...monitor and report status of OKRs and KPIs to leadership
- ...establish objectives, specifications, schedules, budgets, resource plans, and contingency plans to ensure projects are executed effectively
- ...develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for product engineering
- ...suggest and drive for productivity/efficiency and quality improvements
- ...coach and develop team members
✔️ At Morpheus, we offer...
- ...to lead a world-class international engineering team to build career-defining products with impact on the space industry
- ...outstanding professional growth opportunities in a diverse, inclusive, fast-paced, and cutting-edge work environment that values collaboration and team building
- ...competitive salaries, equity and benefits
- ...free feelgood snacks and drinks
- ...the startup mentality: from an innovative mindset to joint team events and weekly happy hours
- ...flexible working hours
- ...working in a modern office in beautiful Dresden, not far from the Elbe valley and the trendy Neustadt district
🤝 We should get to know each other if you…
- ...a PhD or M.Sc. in Hardware Engineering, Space Technologies, Ion Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related fields and a minimum of 7 years of experience leading hardware development teams
- ...experience building complex hardware/software systems that combine multiple fields including high precision assemblies, electronics, and firmware. Experience with electric propulsion or ion physics is a plus
- ...experience bringing a product to market from proof-of-concept stage
- ...excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong ability to articulate technical information
- ...strong cross-team collaboration and interpersonal skills with a variety of roles including engineering, product management, and business
- ...strong intellectual curiosity and a passion about learning and deploying new technologies
- ...relevant experience outside of hardware engineering including software and firmware development is a plus
- ...are committed to achieving results
- ...have the desire to keep on learning, to grow with Morpheus and to question and improve established processes
If we have piqued your interest and you want to come to office in a good mood from now on, we look forward to receiving your application.
Diversity is very important to us. We look forward to a wide range of applicants (f/m/d).
We are looking forward to meeting you!