El Segundo, California, United States$60,000 - $90,000 per yearBusiness Development
Are you passionate about finance and accounting as well as Artificial Intelligence, Satellites, Cutting-edge Technology and New Space? Would you like to help shape the future of our planet and space in an international team?
Then we should get to know each other.
Morpheus is disrupting the New Space industry by introducing the Sphere Ecosystem: a fusion between cutting edge electric propulsion, automation software and Hardware-as-a-Service: an unbeatable pricing model. This full-stack solution enables satellite service providers to operate entire constellations as one entity at the best prices possible to date.
Our technology helps to prevent satellite collisions in space and to reduce the ever-growing space debris which is one of the biggest challenges of the space industry. By providing opportunities to optimize satellite operations, we are working towards a sustainable future in space and on Earth, in line with the core values of the UN.
With Morpheus, you will…
• … have the opportunity to build an accounting function at a fast-growing space tech company from the ground up.
• ... set-up up and prepare company accounts to inform company strategy under the supervision of the Director of Finance.
• ... prepare and analyze financial reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• ... drive the month end closing process.
• ... be responsible for bookkeeping and maintaining accurate financial records.
• ... manage accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• ... create and automate controlling processes.
• ... partner with staff of German subsidiary to assists with German accounting and producing consolidated financial statements.
• ... coordinate fractional and outsourced accountants and tax advisors.
At Morpheus, we...
• ... offer a variety of tasks in an international and growing space startup
• ... offer the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally
• ... live the Start-up mentality: from an innovative mindset to joint team events
• ... have flexible working hours and competitive compensation
• ... work in a modern office in El Segundo, CA
• ... you to have a BA or BS in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance
• ... you to have a minimum of 1 year of related experience as an Auditor or staff accountant in aerospace, manufacturing or a technology start-up under the supervision of an active CPA.
• ... you to have your CPA license
• ... you to be willing and able to go from processing invoices at one moment to considering the accounting implications of transactions occurring in outer space at the next
• ... you to preferably have experience with NetSuite
• ... you to preferably have cross-cultural experience in a business setting
• … you to have great attention to detail and enjoy creating new processes
• … you to be flexible and team player
• ... you to be legally authorized to work in the United States
We, Morpheus Space, are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.